Personalised Swarovski Crystal Martingales
Choice of colour webbing and fleece
When adding name you would like on your collar please add if you want the paw prints on or not
Approx 2" wide
Made by us with all Uk sourced products
Martingale collars can be used on any breed of dog but a generally used on hound dogs
How a Martingale Collar Works
A Martingale Collar is a special type of dog collar that helps a dog stay comfortable and happy while being completely secure on their leash. One of the most frequent questions we're asked is "How does a martingale collar work?". This article demonstrates through explanations and illustrations the Martingale collars were originally used only on breeds with small skulls.
A method by which a martingale style collar can keep your dog securely collared, safe from choking, and stylish.
How it Works
A martingale collar is made with two loops. The large loop, which is usually adjustable in size, is placed around the dogs neck and adjusted to fit loosely. The leash is then clipped to the ring on the small loop, also known as the control loop.
When the dog tries to pull their head out of the collar, the tension on the leash pulls the small loop taut, which makes the large loop smaller and tighter on the neck-- preventing escape. When adjusted properly the dog is never choked, but the collar stays snug around the dog's neck (just behind the ears) until the pressure is released.
This illustration shows how the large loop on a martingale contracts inward when the control loop is pulled outward
Reasons to try a Martingale Collar:
- When not engaged by a taunt leash, fits looser than traditional collars, lessening fur breakage, tangles, and skin irritation from too tight collars.
- A martingale style collar gives a more gentle form of correction than a choke collar, and is recommended by many top trainers for obedience training.
- Relieves pressure on your dog's trachea by translating a tug on the leash to even pressure around the neck instead of direct pressure on the front of the neck.
- Prevents escape of scared, aggressive, or excited dogs by securely contracting the entire collar when the dog pulls in any direction.
- Free second class postage Uk only
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.